I have finally arrived as a participant, rather than an observer, in Blog World (thanks to special coaching from Ellen). I have been particularly taken by the blog from the Library of Congress. What I really liked was that there was a 'person' behind the comments, unlike the Powerhouse blog where I could not see who was making the comments.
I found that this 'personification' was important to me - I wanted to know who was making the comments, what their position was in the organisation or their area of specialisation. It also gave me the feeling that the message was directed at me personally, rather than just to 'whoever' happened to come across the post. I felt much more personally connected.
What I did like when it finally caught my eye at the Powerhouse site was the photograph of the day - great idea and one that we could do so much with in terms of our image collections (photo, illustration, painting, stamp, unique item (eg Henry Lawson hat).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment